The specialist in accounting program is designed for students interested in acquiring a concentrated accounting knowledge that is required to become a professional accountant. This program provides a solid foundation to prepare students to become a Chartered Professional Accountants after graduation. The Program incorporates topics from introductory to advanced financial and managerial accounting, assurance, taxation, economics, and finance.
Students interested in the CPA designation must also complete:
- MGAD40H3 or MGTD54H3 Management Control Systems
- MGAD50H3 or MGTD50H3 Advanced Financial Accounting
- MGAD65H3 or MGAC60H3 Canadian Income Taxation II
- MGAD20H3 or MGTD61H3 Advanced Auditing
- MGAD45H3 or MGSC40H3 Corporate Governance and Strategy: CPA Perspective.